|Property Name||The Paddock, Brightwalton, Newbury, Berkshire|
|Property Location||view map|
|Property Type||4/5 bedroom detached house|
|For further information & viewings, contact||Savills - Newbury|
tel: 01635 277700
Recently built chalet style house with eco features and adjoining paddock. Situated on the edge of a quiet West Berkshire village with wonderful Downland views. The village has a highly regarded Nursery and a Primary School and is in the catchment area for The Downs Secondary School at Compton.
- Highly insulated timber frame building with triple glazed windows.
- Underfloor zone controlled central heating powered by an Air Source Heat Pump.
- MVHR ventilation system.
- PV solar panels.
- Domestic hot water powered by a separate ASHP (Ecocent unit). This means that the main ASHP is only used in the colder months and can run at a lower temperature and with greater efficiency.
- Rainwater recovery tank feeds all outdoor taps
- High speed fibre broadband installation (Gigaclear)
- electric car charging point (32Amp)
|Kitchen||7.17 x 4.56|
|Lounge||5.34 x 3.57|
|Bedroom 1||4.41 x 3.69|
|Bedroom 2||3.27 x 3.09|
|Bedroom 3||3.69 x 2.89|
|Other Rooms||Bedroom 4 / office 2.91 x 2.88|
Bedroom 5 / Hobby room 7.72 x 5.29
Utility Room 3.25 x 2.56
|Details of Heating||6KW Dimplex Air Source Heat Pump Secondary heating available via woodburner (used for ambience only)|
|Average annual cost of utilities, electric, gas, oil, etc.||*see further info|
|Details of any Accreditation or rating, e.g., BRE EcoHomes, SAP, NHER||SAP rating B (87). Could be improved further (if required) via solar water heating (Ecocent has inlet / outlet for this), improvements to airtightness and additional ground mounted solar PV arrays.|
Gardens surround the property.
Double garage with electric car charging point.
A paddock adjoins the garden (c 0.5 acres), currently used as grazing for two miniature Shetlands and containing a large productive vegetable plot with polytunnel and fruit cage.
|Parking facilities||Garage Driveway Off-road parking|
|Secure bicycle storage?||Yes|
|Nearest shop/Post Office||8km|
|Nearest leisure facilities||10km|
|Nearest train station||15km|
|Nearest bus-stop to main town/city||200m|
Recently built eco-friendly home designed for modern living and benefitting from a paddock
* Cost of utilities - Electricity bill c £1,200 pa (with 5 occupants) FIT refund c £300 is c per annum, making net spend on energy c £900 pa. Full detail available on request.
A vendors guide to the property is available from the Estate Agent on request
Details last updated: 2019-04-15 09:33:04
Please try to save paper by printing on both sides.